Please take notice...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I'll probably make a bit of money through the links that you follow. It helps keep this page alive. That said, I'll only post links to companies and individuals that have provided exceptional service and great products.

Sunday 2 December 2018

What am I especially proud of?

I can't think of a specific ONE thing in my life that I am especially proud of. There are many things that fill me with pride and gratitude when I think about them. They are varied and mostly unrelated, but the one thing that they have in common is that they are all goals that I have achieved when it would have been easier just to give up.

The first goal was to finish high school. I rarely tell people this, but I have been bullied for most of my school career. It became so bad at one point that I actually went to speak to the vice principal of the high school about leaving school altogether. We had a long conversation and I cried a few buckets, but in the end I committed myself to seeing that year through. And the next. And the next.

The second goal was to get my drivers' license. Once again I believed a bully that told me that I would never amount to much. And when he was finally out of my life, I got driving! 

I finished my 3-year bachelors' degree in 13 1/2 years! I am sure that is some kind of record. In my defense, I have to say that I paid for my studies myself and that I did not enroll every year due to financial constraints. I went to a swanky restaurant the night I got my final results and toasted myself with a bottle of good wine.

The last goal was to get rid of a small mountain of debt. I did. It felt fantastic! Yes, it wasn't easy and some months I starved, but it is done.

Currently, I have significant goals and dreams to build myself a life on an off-grid smallholding somewhere in the boondocks. There are many people who tell me it can't be done, and even if it can, that I can't do it. I understand that they love me and want to protect me, but this is a calculated risk that only I can take. After all, nothing grows in a comfort zone.

And I won't be going alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment